Date

Clarification Needed : Docker Containers are Not Releasing Memory

Saundarya Saurabh <saundarya.saurabh@...>

Hey Team,

Our Migration Application is built in java for migrating data into hyperledger fabric 2.2 using Java SDk to connect to HLF Network.

We are processing data in batches of 4000 Records in a Scheduler and Scheduler runs after every 1 min interval.

We migrated 40,000 Records in 10 minutes in after which, 993.689 Mb was occupied by Docker Containers(Peers , Orderers, CouchDB , CA , Chaincode).

we stopped the java process and kept the system Idle and After 1 Hour it released around 200 Mb only.

We are Trying to migrate 25 Lakhs data . After running the scheduler multiple times, system is getting Stopped (no memory available) .

JVM is not leaking any memory , we have confirmed That.

I want to understand Why Docker Containers are Not Releasing Memory ? Where is The Memory Leak Happening ?

Please assist!

Thanks,
Saundarya Saurabh
Sr. Associate Consultant (Blockchain)
Infosys Limited

Event: Fabric Project Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - 10/13/2022 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: Fabric Project Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When:
10/13/2022

Organizer: community-architects@...

Please file a project status report for the TSC here:

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2022+Project+Updates

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2022+TSC+Project+Update+Calendar

Re: get level db key-values without query

David Enyeart

If you are the admin of a Fabric node, in theory you could write a client application that connects to LevelDB to query data. But you would have to understand Fabric data storage internals, and stop the peer process while connecting, so it isn’t really a feasible approach for users.

Another option is taking a snapshot of a peer’s channel. This will output the state database content for the purpose of joining another peer from the current state snapshot, and for comparing snapshots across peers to verify ledger integrity. Again, the snapshot is in an internal format optimized for Fabric utilities, but you could in theory write a utility to parse it with some Fabric internals knowledge (not quite as difficult as writing a LevelDB application). If you do write a utility, please contribute it back!

See the ledger snapshot doc - https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/peer_ledger_snapshot.html

From: fabric@... <fabric@...> on behalf of Matthew White <whitemat@...>
Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 5:04 AM
To: Nikos Karamolegkos <nkaram@...>, fabric <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] get level db key-values without query

Hi - not sure with LevelDB - CouchDB if configured can be connected to directly.

However it's not something I'd suggest as doing as a routine thing - as the chaincode is there to help enforce access control to data.

Matthew

From: fabric@... <fabric@...> on behalf of Kumari Shweta via lists.hyperledger.org <kumari.shweta=hcl.com@...>
Date: Friday, September 30, 2022 at 1:51 AM
To: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Transient Arguments #fabric

Hi Team, Is it possible to send transient and non -transient arguments together in chaincode args. I have an asset struct with fields id,name,owner and price. Is it possible to make "price" only transient varibale and other can be non-transient. If

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi Team,
Is it possible to send transient and non -transient arguments together in chaincode args.
I have an asset struct with fields id,name,owner and price.Is it possible to make "price" only transient varibale and other can be non-transient.If it is then how we can pass args in "peer chaincode invoke " command

Kindly clear me.

Regards,

Transient Arguments #fabric

Kumari Shweta

Hi Team,
Is it possible to send transient and non -transient arguments together in chaincode args.
I have an asset struct with fields id,name,owner and price.Is it possible to make "price" only transient varibale and other can be non-transient.If it is then how we can pass args in "peer chaincode invoke " command

Kindly clear me.

Regards,

Event: Documentation Workgroup monthly call - 09/30/2022 #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: Documentation Workgroup monthly call

When:
09/30/2022
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Josh Horton joshh@...

Schedule, Agendas, Minutes, etc: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Storage size of peers in test-network #fabric-peer

Nikos Karamolegkos

Hello, in test-network what is the storage size of peers? In general, where can I find the peer characteristics (cpu, memory, storage) for the deployment? Also, using Level DB could you make an estimation for the storage size needed for 10K assets?

Re: Fabric release-2.5 branch and main branch

David Enyeart

We are shooting for around end of year for the v2.5 release, which would be the next LTS release.

From: fabric@... <fabric@...> on behalf of Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 2:27 PM
To: Mark Lewis <Mark.S.Lewis@...>
Cc: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Fabric release-2.5 branch and main branch

Do we have the planed release date now? Thanks! On Jul 20, 2022, at 02: 47, Mark Lewis <Mark. S. Lewis@ outlook. com> wrote: In the Fabric contributor meeting on 29 June 2022, it was mentioned that Fabric v2. 5 is expected to be the next LTS

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender

You have not previously corresponded with this sender.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Do we have the planed release date now?

Thanks!

On Jul 20, 2022, at 02:47, Mark Lewis <Mark.S.Lewis@...> wrote:

In the Fabric contributor meeting on 29 June 2022, it was mentioned that Fabric v2.5 is expected to be the next LTS release.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/download/attachments/62234113/20220629_contributors_meeting.mp4?api=v2

1 - 20 of 11437