Date

Admin user registration #affiliations #hyperledger-fabric

gonzalo.bustos@...

Hello!

I've been trying to get the first user ever registered to my hyperledger-fabric network, using the function from ca.utils.ts: registerUserWallet, and since it's the very first user, it attempts to enroll the user as an admin user but for some reason fails to do so.

The error I'm getting is: Failed to register user : Error: fabric-ca request register failed with errors [[ { code: 71, message: 'Authorization failure' } ]].

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I checked online and it seems like it could be related to affiliations or user roles, but I'm not quite sure.

Cyber Monday discounts on Hyperledger Fabric training and certs

David Boswell <dboswell@...>

Linux Foundation Training is offering the best pricing of the year on all training and certification offerings, including Hyperledger Fabric courses and certs. Cyber Monday starts today and goes through December 6th with savings of up to 65% off training and certification bundles.

Both Hyperledger Fabric Admin and Developer training and certifications are available at deep discounts and are a great way to reward yourself and your team by becoming certified in 2022.

Bundles - both training and certs (Save 65%. Use Code: CYBER21BUN): Pricing is $575 - $199
LFS272+CHFA - Hyperledger Fabric Admin
LFD272+CHFD - Hyperledger Fabric Developer

Certifications (Save 50%. Use Code: CYBER21CC)
CHFA - Hyperledger Fabric Admin
CHFD - Hyperledger Fabric Developer

More info on Cyber Monday sale, including a listing of all LF Training discounts can be found here.

Thanks,
David

Re: Is it Possible To Implement a Real-Time Reverse Ranked Auction on Hyperledger Fabric? - Design Concerns

HyperFredger

Conacoc,
Exactly what I was hinting at so far. However I am surprised I did not find any native implementation of an homomorphic encryption in Hyperledger Fabric. It could be very very useful. Many papers fro a Google search, but I am not sure about their practical implementations and performance, going through them takes time. However I found an implementation of Boldyreva's symmetric order-preserving encryption in Python (https://github.com/tonyo/pyope). Let's see...

Re: Fabric Contributor Meeting - November 24, 2021 - CANCELLED

袁怿

Hi David,

Via discussed locally within TWGC, we hope to schedule modular crypto service related discussion at Dec 8th.
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-rfcs/pull/34

On 11/24/2021 11:38David Enyeart<enyeart@...> wrote:

No meeting this week. Let us know if you have an agenda topic for December 8th.

Re: How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

pavon@...

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your responses.  A lot of stuff was clarified that was confusing at first, so I appreciate it.

@Bharg thanks again as always for chiming into all my posts and providing the reference.  Parts of it was cut off.  I don't know if that is intentional or not, but nonetheless I appreciate it.

I'm still a little confused about it but I'm sure I will understand it completely.  Have a great day everyone.

Re: Is it Possible To Implement a Real-Time Reverse Ranked Auction on Hyperledger Fabric? - Design Concerns

conanoc

I didn't think of that. The centralized third-party running the auction app could leak the bidding prices. You could use homomorphic encryption to encrypt the price instead of hashing. The application can compare the encrypted price without knowing the actual value. When the auction stops, the winner reveals his secret key to prove the actual price. I can find many papers about using homomorphic encryption to implement an auction system on google.

Re: Pre-release of new Fabric Gateway client API for Fabric v2.4

Mark Lewis

Just a note that a current (development) build of the Fabric peer is required to run the v.0.2.0 pre-release of the fabric-gateway client API. It will not work with the Fabric v2.4 beta release. There is a 'make pull-latest-peer' Makefile target in the fabric-gateway repository that will pull down and tag the latest peer images from Hyperledger Artifactory, where development builds and Docker images are published.

Pre-release of new Fabric Gateway client API for Fabric v2.4

Mark Lewis

A v0.2.0 pre-release version of the new fabric-gateway client API for use with Fabric v2.4 has been published/tagged. This makes use of the new Fabric Gateway service in v2.4 peers, and provides completely consistent functionality to applications written in Go, Node and Java. Provided no stop-ship issues are identified, this is what we are planning to release alongside Fabric v2.4 as a supplement to the existing SDKs so please feel free to try it out and provide feedback.

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-gateway
Documentation: https://hyperledger.github.io/fabric-gateway/
Node npm package: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@hyperledger/fabric-gateway
Java package in Maven Central: https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.hyperledger.fabric/fabric-gateway

(As I type it hasn't made its way into the Maven Central search index but it published to the repository)

Re: Is it Possible To Implement a Real-Time Reverse Ranked Auction on Hyperledger Fabric? - Design Concerns

HyperFredger

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to reflect on this.

Basically, your approaches move those issues away from a blockchain to another auction application, possibly owned by a centralized third-party. The application can handle the leaderboard, etc. Ok, these are interesting options.

I was hoping for a more distributed and transparent approach using a Blockchain and a way to compute the ranks without revealing all the bids to anyone.

cc

Re: How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

Bharg Pvr

Hello @pavon,

Please see the attachment and I submit to believe - you may be missing some crucial concepts.

Have you seen this? The following are examples of query and invoke as documented by Tong Li in the github.
minifab invoke -p '"query","a"'
minifab invoke -p '"invoke","a","b","24"'

Please review the Read The Doc on Hyperledger Fabric and also Minifab documentation.
Both the resources feature a tremendous documentation. I think this is what you need to pay attention to.

Hope the attachment helps. Best of luck.

Re: How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

bruno.andreghetti@...

Hi!

I think there might be a misconception here. Peers do not replicate the data you inject into CouchDB World State. They achieve data replication by committing transactions from the ledger, which deterministically generates the same World State. The Transaction Flow documentation is a great resource to better understand how peers achieve consensus about what the World State should be.

Regards,

Bruno Andreghetti @ GoLedger

Re: Creating HLF network with fabric-go-sdk and kubernetes #kubernetes #fabric-sdk-go #testnetwork

Nikos Karamolegkos

Let me extend Matija's questions. Can the administrative tasks take place on the fly without affecting the network operations. For example can I add new channel (i.e channel2) and and add to this channel the existing orgs (i.e peers) without affecting  the operations in already existed channel1. Same for deploying chaincode and register users to an org.

Thank you

Re: Creating HLF network with fabric-go-sdk and kubernetes #kubernetes #fabric-sdk-go #testnetwork

bruno.andreghetti@...

Hi!

I have been studying the Go SDK for the past few weeks to use it for administrative tasks, since the Node SDK does not support them anymore. Now to answer your questions:

1) You can do it both ways, the CLI and the SDK are both interoperable. I believe the only thing that is CLI-only is the creation of genesis blocks using configtxgen, which AFAIK is not supported by any SDK.

2) For the SDK you need a config file like this one. Check the E2E integration test for examples on how to perform administrative tasks with the SDK.

Regards,

Bruno Andreghetti @ GoLedger

Re: Deploying Java chaincode #docker #fabric-peer

Matthew White

Hello;

The 2.3 release was an interim/development release. 2.2 being the LTS. There wasn't a docker image for farbic-javaenv:2.3 released.  The quick way around this is to pul down the fabric-javaenv:2.2 and retag it as 2.3

Hope that helps.

From: bo.jacobs@...
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Deploying Java chaincode #fabric-peer #docker
Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2021 10:04 AM

Hello. I am running the fabric test-network on a MacBook with M1 chip. I modified the script that downloads images & binaries in a waythat it gets the amd64 images. The images run fine. However, when I try to deploy a Java chaincode, I run ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
Hello.

I am running the fabric test-network on a MacBook with M1 chip. I modified the script that downloads images & binaries in a waythat it gets the amd64 images.
The images run fine. However, when I try to deploy a Java chaincode, I run into following issue:

+ peer lifecycle chaincode install mychaincode.tar.gz+ res=1Error: chaincode install failed with status: 500 - failed to invoke backing implementation of 'InstallChaincode': could not build chaincode: docker build failed: docker image build failed: docker build failed: Failed to pull hyperledger/fabric-javaenv:2.3: no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entriesChaincode installation on peer0.org1 has failedDeploying chaincode failed

It seems that somewhere a check on system architecture is made, and that docker is trying to pull hyperledger/fabric-javaenv for arm64 which doesn't exist.
I am looking for a way to force a pull of the amd64 image, because I assume that one will work as well. I can't seem to find where/why docker is trying to pull the arm64 image.

Is there a way to do this?

Have a great day.

Deploying Java chaincode #docker #fabric-peer

Bo Jacobs

[...]

Bhang,

Thank you again for your prompt response.  So let me understand this.

I have 5 peer nodes in my network, each having a CouchDB instance on different ports mapping back to Port 5984.

Data documents are in the Peer1 CouchDB instance.  When I docker exec into Peer 4's CouchDB instance and run the command to list all DBs, the DB holding the documents in Peer 1 CouchDB instance are NOT in Peer 4.

BUT...I can be in Peer 4's CouchDB instance, do a query, and the output will be returned?  Is that what you're saying?

Because I just tried that with a small dataset of 10 records and I didn't get any output on Peer 4's CouchDB node.

However, when I docker exec into Peer 1's CouchDB node and do the query, I get the output.

Pavon

Re: How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

Bharg Pvr

Queries are run against world state by default. So when you you run a query on peer1, it is getting answer from peer1 connected couch’s instance. Same applies to peer2 thru 5. Queries are not going thru consensus flow.

Hope this helps.

Thx

~~~~~~
Bhargav

How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

pavon@...

Quick question.

Is there a command in minifabric where peers get a copy of the documents in the World State Database?

I have 60,000,000 records LITERALLY in a CouchDB database in a Peer 1 container.

My network has 5 peers and Minifabric also created 5 CouchDB peers as well.

I would like for Peers 2, 3, 4, and 5 in my network to have copies of the same data in CouchDB.

GOAL:  I would like to be in Peer 3 and query the World State Database and get results based on arguments I specify.

Is there a minifab command that does this or will I have to use other methods?  Better yet, can this even be done?

Thanks in advance, Hyperledger developers!!

Re: Is it Possible To Implement a Real-Time Reverse Ranked Auction on Hyperledger Fabric? - Design Concerns

conanoc

Two ways come to mind for me.

1. Bidders don't have to be members of the fabric network
Bidding is implemented as an ordinary auction application. You store the bidding prices in the fabric as logs for later validation.
The fabric network is consists of some members who watch and guarantee the validity of the bid result.

2. Bidders should be members of the fabric network
A bidder sends its price to the fabric network as a hashed value, and then sends its raw value and the previous tx record to the auction application. The application checks the validity of the raw value and uses it for bidding. The logs of raw values are open to all bidders after the auction stops. Bidders can validate the raw values with the hash values stored in the fabric network.
Considering the efficiency, the hashed value of the bidding price could be stored by the auction application, not by the bidder itself. The bidder sends the price to the auction application, the application then hashes the price value and stores it in the ledger. The bidder cannot guarantee that the auction application does not deceive him, but he can monitor and detect if the auction application stores the wrong hash value in the ledger, at least.

Re: Is it Possible To Implement a Real-Time Reverse Ranked Auction on Hyperledger Fabric? - Design Concerns

HyperFredger

Hello,

FYI, I could implement my version of this type of auction using Hyperledger:

For the 1st front: I stored all the revealed bids in a private data collection of the buyer organization. Bidders cannot view revealed bids through chaincode invocations.

For the second front: Did a simple implementation. But at scale it’s not going to work efficiently

Looking for any inputs in those matters.

Tohmas.

1 - 20 of 10576