Re: Critical: Chaincode package Installation error in Openshift Platform with Fabric v2.1.0 using external chaincode service #fabric #externalbuilders

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

This is correct. Docker is still the default implementation if none of the externalBuilders you set pass validation. You would need to do more debugging to figure out why the externalBuidlers you specified in `core.yaml` were not picked up (and as such the peer fell back to its default behavior).

From: keerthycbe@...
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Critical: Chaincode package Installation error in Openshift Platform with Fabric v2.1.0 using external chaincode service #fabric #externalbuilders
Date: Thu, Jul 9, 2020 12:44 PM

Hi All,

We are trying to deploy fabric nodes with external chaincode service option in Openshift platform 4.3. As the Openshift platform doesn't have access to docker daemon for peer to create chaincode container, we are using the external chaincode service feature provided in version 2.0. All our nodes are running 2.1.0 but getting the following error while installing chaincode in peer nodes from the cli container. There should not be any docker dependency as we have moved to the external chainocde option. Please find below the screenshot for error details. Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks and Regards
Keerthi