Re: Inconsistent Private Data Collection Write operation

David Enyeart

The endorsement policy check only checks which peers have endorsed, not which clients have submitted the transaction. The peer validation logic is deterministic in this regard.
Could you share the Org1 peer log showing it working once, and not working once, with no other changes inbetween? Please highlight the log timestamp of endorsement and validation in both cases.

"Hritik Gupta" ---06/19/2020 08:11:18 AM---I ran the network again, to double check. The inconsistency issue still exists. The issue occurs eve

From: "Hritik Gupta" <hritikgupta9@...>
To: Cendhu U <cendhu@...>
Cc: fabric <fabric@...>
Date: 06/19/2020 08:11 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Inconsistent Private Data Collection Write operation
Sent by: fabric@...

I ran the network again, to double check. The inconsistency issue still exists. The issue occurs even when I pass OR("Org1MSP.Member") as the EP and try to update the key via Org1 client (which is an authorized peer).

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 5:31 PM Cendhu U <cendhu@...> wrote:
    but this policy requires 2 of the 'Endorsement' sub-policies to be satisfied

    the above error seems to match your old definition -- "endorsementPolicy": { "signaturePolicy": "OR('Org1MSP.member'), OR('Org2MSP.member')" }

    Anyway, I do not have expertise in this. If Yacov looks at this message, he might clarify.

    Regards,
    Senthil

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 5:21 PM Hritik Gupta <hritikgupta9@...> wrote:
Sorry for typing it wrong. The endorsement policy in my collections config is as follows:

"endorsementPolicy": {
      "signaturePolicy": "OR('Org1MSP.member', 'Org2MSP.member')"
    }

Setting memberOnlyWrite to false is deliberate because I want the peers of only Org2 and Org1 to be able to write to the private data collection; and not any other Org that might join the network in future.