Re: Change genesis block to another specified block number #fabric #fabric-questions

David Enyeart

Hi, that is exactly the point of the checkpoint feature https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/FAB-106, which is currently being investigated so that a RFC proposal can be submitted to the community.

Dave Enyeart

susheeldighade---03/28/2020 04:23:44 AM---Hello, I am wondering if there is any possible solution to point the genesis block to any decided bl

From: susheeldighade@...
To: fabric@...
Date: 03/28/2020 04:23 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Change genesis block to another specified block number #fabric #fabric-questions

I am wondering if there is any possible solution to point the genesis block to any decided block number. While working with certain use-case which involves storing of large number of transactions into ledger, it is observed that after sometime the disk space gets filled up and there is no other way rather than to bootstrap the network (i.e clean the data and build the network again). So is there a way where we can point out the genesis block to some other block number eg. block no: 5000, so that every peer in the network will consider this as the starting block and the data of first 5000 blocks can be stored safely in an external disk decoupled from the blockchain network.
Please let me know any possible approaches.