Re: Raft orderers not able to elect a leader #raft #consensus

Yacov

Can you supply logs of all orderers?

From:        mshantharam@...
To:        fabric@...
Date:        03/28/2020 07:52 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Raft orderers not able to elect a leader #raft #consensus

I have a hyperledger network (1.4.3) with 3 orderers in raft configuration and 3 peers. This works fine when all component are up and running. However when one orderer, the leader, is stopped, I see logs related to the election process in both the orderers, but the leader selection doesn't seem to happen even after 15-20 mins (I see the election process logs being output continuously). How much time does it take to elect a leader? Is there a configuration that would break any tie (in terms of vote) quickly?

Thanks,
Manu