Re: dev mode does not work in Fabric 2.0

Siddharth Jain

could this be prioritized please as it is a real blocker? why break something that used to work? thanks.

From: Brett T Logan <Brett.T.Logan@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:19 PM
To: siddjain@... <siddjain@...>
Cc: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] dev mode does not work in Fabric 2.0

While not a "known" issue, there was a likelihood that 2.0 changes broke devmode. We have an open item to test it amongst the dev team, and if not easily fixable to disable the codepath.

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date: Tue, Mar 3, 2020 10:53 PM

so here's the latest issue we are having with Fabric using the release-2.0 branch. we start the peer with CORE_CHAINCODE_MODE=dev. we verify in debugger that userRunsCC is evaluating to true. IsDevMode evals to true. but the peer still attempts to create a docker container for the chaincode. wondering if this is a known issue before we waste another day or two on this.