Re: Doubt in defining an Asset

Matthew White

Hi - the world state is a set of key-value pairs - the value can be whatever data format you wish. Marshalling these is part of the job of the client applications.

From: "Ameya Sinha via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <t-amsi=microsoft.com@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Doubt in defining an Asset
Date: Wed, Feb 26, 2020 12:02 PM

Hi,

I had two questions.

I wanted to know if it would be possible to define an asset which is self-referential. Also when defining assets such as these, do they work in the traditional way of how we think about self-referential structures? i.e do they store the address of the node but now the address is on the blockchain DB.

I’m trying something that would look like –

              type playlist struct {

    name       string `json:"name"`

    head       *song `json:"head"`

    nowPlaying *song `json:"nowPlaying"`