Re: Reverting from incorrect capability version

Yacov

Did you manage to reach a situation where the orderers accepted the block but the peers didn't? Were the orderers at a higher software version than the peers?

From:        "Eryargi, Hakan via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <hakan.eryargi=accenture.com@...>
To:        "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Cc:        fabric@...
Date:        02/24/2020 01:41 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Reverting from incorrect capability version

Is there a way of reverting from an incorrect capability version? (except restoring the whole Fabric network from a backup)

For example Application capability V1_4_3 does not exist, and when a config update is performed for that version, orderers accept the value but peers crash immediately when they receive the update block from orderer. Making another config update will not help in this case as peers crash immediately when they receive the first update.

If my understanding is correct, this is actually very dangerous behavior. The whole channel may render unusable.

Maybe orderers should not accept the value in the first place?

Thanks,
Hakan

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at
https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.

www.accenture.com