To: fabric@...
From: "Niklas Krohn"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 02/15/2020 09:43AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] How to error check for wrong Admin MSP certificate on network #fabric #docker #fabric-ca

Hi all,

I have the most simple fabric-network, and wanted to make a simple channel-config update of the batchsize (https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-1.4/config_update.html)

Everything is fine, until I want to post the modified config to the orderer/network, then I receive the following error inside CLI container, as peer0.org1 adm:

Orderer log:

So according to google-searches, I found this topic which states that there migth be two possible reasons (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57662562/when-i-try-to-create-a-channel-using-hyperledger-fabric-the-request-fails)
- the MSP ID that was passed as a parameter with the request was not recognized by the ordering service
- If you are updating an application channel, this error could occur if your organization is not yet a member of the channel you are trying to update

The Org1 is indeed part of the channel already, as it created and joined the channel with the bootstrap:

So then I expect the issue to be a mismatch between MSP-ID somewhere. The topic of certificates are somewhat new to me, can anybody guide me in direction of error checking this myself, which files should I compare to see what MSP-file is wrong?

This is the cert-file inside the CLI container for peer0.org1 admin:

This is the Admin-file on the host machine:

CA-related info for Org1:

This is the policy settings inside the channel-config block:

Thanks for any input that can help me compare the rigth certificates, to spot the wrong one and why it is wrong.