Re: How to unpackage (or unpack, unzip, extract) a chaincode?

Nye Liu <nye@...>

-xvzf

On 2/12/2020 5:39 PM, Siddharth Jain wrote:

How do i do that?

From: Matthew Sykes <matthew.sykes@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 5:27:38 PM
To: Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...>
Cc: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] How to unpackage (or unpack, unzip, extract) a chaincode?

If you're using the new lifecycle commands, the chaincode package is a gzip compressed tar; if you're using the legacy (lscc) commands, the package is a protobuf encoded chaincode deployment spec. You'll need to unmarshal that message to get to the code package tar file.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 5:36 PM Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...> wrote:
Anyone knows how do we unpackage a chaincode? tar -xvf does not work.

$ tar -xvf mycc.1.0
tar: Unrecognized archive format
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

in above mycc.1.0 is what got installed on the peer when we ran peer chaincode install.

$ ls -al mycc.1.0
-rw-r--r--  1 siddjain  staff  35163 Feb 12 14:19 mycc.1.0

--
Matthew Sykes
matthew.sykes@...