Re: Is it efficient when "Upgrade Chaincode New Docker Container will be created"?

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

In 2.0 Fabric we added logic to remove unreferenced chaincode containers, so once your old version is no longer used anywhere it would be cleaned up. We also introduced a  new chaincode builder and launcher model in 2.0, this empowers developers and admins to run chaincode however they see fit, including totally devoid of Docker, take a look at it here: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/master/cc_launcher.html

From: "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: hyperledger-fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Is it efficient when "Upgrade Chaincode New Docker Container will be created"?
Date: Thu, Feb 6, 2020 9:37 AM

Dear all,

I would like to ask about hyperledger performance related to chaincode upgrade.

Each time when we upgrade the new chaincode, a new docker container will be created.
Do you think this is an optimal way to go?

Will hyperledger continue to adopt this concept, or may be modified to other solutions?
If YES why and if NO what is the alternative solution in mind?

Bests,