From: atom@...
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Potential project in need of BFT orderers #consensus #fabric-orderer
Date: Sun, Feb 2, 2020 6:16 PM

We are leading a standardization effort within SunSpec.org to utilize blockchain for securing the distributed power grid in the US.

https://sunspec.org/sunspec-alliance-advances-security-for-distributed-energy-resource-systems/

Fabric could be a good candidate for this effort but we need BFT in the orderer nodes.  It looks like this effort has been mothballed to an extent:

https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/FAB-33

What are the options for revitalizing this effort?

Thanks,
Alfred
Wivity Inc.