Re: #fabric-questions Fabric Networking #fabric-questions

Yacov

I can only say that port forwarding anchor peers alone won't get you much, because peers try to connect to one another forming a full mesh of an undirected graph (peers p and qhave a single connection between them, either from p to qor from q to p).
Anchor peers are just for bootstrapping membership across organizations.

From:        "Cavell" <cavellt@...>
To:        fabric@...
Date:        01/23/2020 03:05 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] #fabric-questions Fabric Networking

I've been trying to setup a fabric network spread across multiple locations. One of the major issues has been locating and communicating with peer nodes behind firewalls. The only solutions I've come up with have been setting up a VPN and joining all the nodes to that or port forwarding some of the nodes (anchor peers and orderers) so that some communication can occur. The first one is usable now, but becomes a nightmare to manage if the network expands. The second is a security risk. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a better alternative to what I'm doing?

Thanks for any help given,
Cavell Teng