https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/fabric/message/4896

You can use private data collections to keep certain data private to a set of organizations or even a single organization, and then share it on a need-to-know basis. The private data is only available on authorized peers. Only hashes of the private data remain on the channel ledger (and in state databases), which can later be used to verify the private data. The patterns mentioned here should help you understand the possibilities: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/private-data/private-data.html#sharing-private-data.

Dave Enyeart

"qwert limframe" ---01/20/2020 12:24:42 AM---I know that blockchain is tamper-proof and that World state stores the most recent state of a transa

From: "qwert limframe" <qwertlimframe@...>
To: hyperledger-fabric@...
Date: 01/20/2020 12:24 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Editing/deleting world state in blockchain.
Sent by: fabric@...

I know that blockchain is tamper-proof and that World state stores the most recent state of a transaction.

But the World state ledger can be deleted/edited. So, what if instead of tampering the blockchain ledger we directly tamper the world state.

And also, is the world state visible to everyone on the network? If yes, then anyone can know the amount of money that is in my wallet, how is this not a security concern.