Re: Adding org to existing network fails with mismatched channel ID $CHANNEL_NAME != mychannel

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

I'll add, anyone is welcome to submit the cherry-pick, keeping up with doc changes is no easy task :)

Anoop Vijayan --- [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Adding org to existing network fails with mismatched channel ID $CHANNEL_NAME != mychannel ---

From:"Anoop Vijayan" <anoop@...>
To:"Suhan Sumeet" <suhan.premilu@...>
Cc:hyperledger-fabric@..., "sunil suseelan" <sunil18031992@...>
Date:Thu, Dec 19, 2019 9:23 AM
Subject:[EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Adding org to existing network fails with mismatched channel ID $CHANNEL_NAME != mychannel

Hi Sahan,
I’d guess you have copy pasted commands from the 1.4.x docs.
There is a bug which I submitted patch sometime ago and it was fixed in master.
However, they didn’t do a cherry-pick from master to stable (1.4.x) dont know why which caused a typo while re-doing.

How to go ahead from here, not a big deal.
1. Replace $CHANNEL_NAME to mychannel in your org3_update_in_envelope.json (JSON file)
2. Convert it to protobuf (proto_encode)
3. Continue...

Thanks,
 - Anoop

On 19 Dec 2019, at 8.24, Suhan Sumeet <suhan.premilu@...> wrote: