Re: changing merge rules

Christopher Ferris

you only get one vote

Chris

On Dec 10, 2019, at 5:59 PM, Gari Singh <garis@...> wrote:

2+10000000000

To: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>
From: "Kostas Christidis"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 12/10/2019 05:50PM
Cc: fabric <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] changing merge rules

Aye.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 2:25 PM Christopher Ferris
<chris.ferris@...> wrote:

We've brought this up before, but maybe it deserves to be revisited.

Originally, we added the 2+2 because there was a perception in the community that IBMers were being less critical of the contributions by other IBMers.

It served its purpose, but it does raise the bar and especially for obvious things that really don't merit the extra effort.

We have the abilities on GH to prevent self review.

Maybe the time has come as we have moved to GH that we think about lowering the bar and making it less burdensome on the maintainers that are doing reviews by allowing them to merge with a single NACR.

When there's a more substantive change, a maintainer can always seek additional eyes by adding reviewers.

I’d like to propose we go with a single NACR across the Fabric repo-scape.

Please respond on this thread if you concur, or have concerns. If we have a majority, we can ask Ry to make the necessary changes to the merge policy.

Chris