To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
From: "Siddharth Jain"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 11/30/2019 06:32PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] problem creating channel: 0 sub-policies were satisfied, but this policy requires 1 of the 'Writers' sub-policies

we get the error below when trying to create a channel using the peer CLI
2019-11-30 20:53:15.482 UTC [orderer.common.broadcast] ProcessMessage -> WARN 00c [channel: mychannel] Rejecting broadcast of config message from 172.18.0.1:51816 because of error: implicit policy evaluation failed - 0 sub-policies were satisfied, but this policy requires 1 of the 'Writers' sub-policies to be satisfied: permission denied
  • we have a 3 org network (plus orderer)
  • we are using NodeOUs
  • our configtx.yaml can be found at https://gist.github.com/siddjain/4cefde4321185c81a663f877fd6b105e
  • we are running the CLI under credentials of an admin user of one of the peer organizations
  • we checked the public cert and it has OU=admin on it. it was generated using cryptogen 1.4.4
how can we fix this? what is the cause?

fwiw, in case it helps, if we try to create the channel using credentials of admin of the orderer org we get a different error

2019-11-30 20:30:53.025 UTC [orderer.common.broadcast] ProcessMessage -> WARN 008 [channel: mychannel] Rejecting broadcast of config message from 172.18.0.1:51808 because of error: error validating channel creation transaction for new channel 'tracktrace', could not succesfully apply update to template configuration: error authorizing update: error validating DeltaSet: policy for [Group]  /Channel/Application not satisfied: implicit policy evaluation failed - 0 sub-policies were satisfied, but this policy requires 1 of the 'Admins' sub-policies to be satisfied