Re: Extremely strange behavior with Fabric - modifying ledger out of band

Siddharth Jain

see this video where it is shown that dropping the db and restarting the peer does not rebuild the db:

From: David Enyeart <enyeart@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:32 PM
To: Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...>
Cc: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Extremely strange behavior with Fabric - modifying ledger out of band

To rebuild peer's state database:
stop peer, drop state database, restart peer. State database will automatically be rebuilt from the blockchain.

To rebuild peer's channel blockchains and state database:
stop peer, drop state database, use "peer node reset" to reset channels to genesis blocks, restart peer. Peer will automatically re-pull and re-process blocks.

Peer log will indicate rebuild progress.

Dave Enyeart

"Siddharth Jain" ---11/19/2019 02:03:45 PM---Thanks for the reply. also adding another link to this thread about same question: https://urldefens

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 11/19/2019 02:03 PM
Sent by: fabric@...

Thanks for the reply. also adding another link to this thread about same question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49934312/how-your-data-is-safe-in-hyperledger-fabric-when-one-can-make-changes-to-couchdb

How do we rebuild the state database? we tried to drop the database (mychannel_test) (screenshot below)
https://imagebin.ca/v/52UG2V44kOFz
and restart the network but that does not rebuild the database. It is completely lost.