From: "Adhav Pavan" <adhavpavan@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Cc: saurabh@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Error while migrating from kafka to RAFT
Date: Wed, Nov 20, 2019 11:48 PM

Hello Team,

I am migrating from kafka to raft, When I have changed state from "NORMAL" to "STATE_MAINTENANCE"  and created the final expected envelope as per the procedure.

Note: We are using BYFN script

My CLI pointed to Org1MSP, I signed config update transaction, later I changed CLI pointing to Org2MSP and signed, finally submitted the new channel config update to the orderer.
After submission, getting a following error message.

Error on CLI: "Error: got unexpected status: BAD_REQUEST -- error applying config update to existing channel 'mychannel': error authorizing update: error validating DeltaSet: policy for [Value]  /Channel/Orderer/ConsensusType not satisfied: implicit policy evaluation failed - 0 sub-policies were satisfied, but this policy requires 1 of the 'Admins' sub-policies to be satisfied"

Orderer log: "[channel: mychannel] Rejecting broadcast of config message from 172.21.0.13:51078 because of error: error applying config update to existing channel 'mychannel': error authorizing update: error validating DeltaSet: policy for [Value]  /Channel/Orderer/ConsensusType not satisfied: implicit policy evaluation failed - 0 sub-policies were satisfied, but this policy requires 1 of the 'Admins' sub-policies to be satisfied"

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Heartfelt Regards,
Pavan Adhav

Blockchain Developer