Re: Hyperledger Fabric Scalability

alok gupta <metech11@...>

Hello Mark & Christopher,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the blog but I am still apprehensive whether we would be able to support hundreds or thousands of organisations? We did TPS optimisation after struggling a bit with MVCC error, our solution is running fine for a single fuel station. Right now there are max 50 tps.  But not sure how to take this forward. What should be our approach?  Please advise.

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019, 07:59 Mark Rakhmilevich, <mark.rakhmilevich@...> wrote:

Alok,

    We have seen throughput in high hundreds of TPS to low thousands of TPS in Oracle projects.  The scalability and performance depend on many factors well explained in Chris’ blog posts.  Certainly transaction payload size, batching parameters in the ordering service, number of channels an ordering cluster has to support given certain network bandwidth play a significant role. There are also techniques to batch transaction data, which are useful, for example,  to capture an audit log from many IOT sensor readings. Feel free to reach out directly to discuss specifics.

Best Regards,

    Mark

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 3:33 AM
To: alok gupta <metech11@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Hyperledger Fabric Scalability

Alok,

I wrote a couple of blog posts earlier this year on Hyperledger Fabric performance and scale.

There have been some more recent improvements that should improve performance even more when 2.0 ships.

I'll have another post up with those results. There are some additional efforts in the community where performance

has been pushed even further.

Hope this helps.

Chris

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 3:36 AM alok gupta <metech11@...> wrote:

Hello There,

We are conducting a POC for Oil & GAS Retail automation. In which, we are recording all digital/ cash sales onto the Fabric ledger. We monitor the stock levels in the fuel tanks through smart contract. The idea is to replace the current automation system in India which requires massive investment in installation and maintenance. Our app is running successfully on a fuel station at a fuel station in Chandigarh, India.

My query is about the scalability of fabric over no. of channel, organizations, and peers. Can we scale up our solution to connect the fuel companies ( IOCL. HPCL etc.) with India wide fuel stations? I have seen other use cases like Wallmart food safety where there are running a huge network on blockchain. To move forward in our idea, we need a clarity on scalability Please advise.

Thank you
Alok