Re: Alternative of cryptogen for Prod

Hakan Eryargi

Hi,

To my knowledge, cryptogen is the most convenient tool for now to create the initial certificates.

I dont want to create the certificates manually, nor want to write some scripts for certificate creation. Maybe cryptogen is not intended for this purpose but best option for now, especially if you dont need additional stuff in certificates.

So, if there is no real issue with it, like a security threat or whatever, we plan to go production with cryptogen .

It will also be nice if cryptogen is even more developed to cover other needs too :)

Best,

Hakan

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 4:40 AM Abhijeet Bhowmik <abhijeet@...> wrote:
Hey,

Thanks to all for the help. I am extremely grateful to everyone.

Abhijeet Bhowmik

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 9:51 PM Joe Alewine <joe.alewine@...> wrote:
Abhijeet,

Certificate Authorities --- specifically, the Fabric CA --- should be used to create all of the certificates in a production scenario (it is a best practice tp stand up one CA for each organization and the organization's related identities, MSP, and nodes).

Consult the Fabric CA User's Guide for more information: https://hyperledger-fabric-ca.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Regards,

Joe Alewine
IBM Blockchain, Raleigh