Re: solo to kafka

Artem Barger <bartem@...>

----- Original message -----
From: "Battaglia TLC" <antonio@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] solo to kafka
Date: Tue, Nov 5, 2019 10:32 AM

Dear Artem,

Seems that migration from solo to kafka is impossible but solo to raft it's possible in v1.4. Have you some documentation about this? Can you give me some links or books?

Change from solo to raft permit me to have

Best regards.
Antonio Battaglia

Il 05/11/2019 09:07, Artem Barger ha scritto:
No, this is not that I've said. I told that there is no way to migrate from Solo to Kafka ordering service and there no one should use Solo for production. Changing orderer type from Solo to Kafka simply not supported, however your Solo ledger will remain as-is.

From: "Battaglia TLC" <antonio@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] solo to kafka
Date: Mon, Nov 4, 2019 8:45 PM

Hello everybody,

i want change orderer from solo to raft. I can switch off the network
but i want to mantain data in the ledger after restart with new orderer.

It's possible? I haven't found documentation.

Best regards.

Antonio