Re: How to get inside docker container and debug code with breakpoints?

Nye Liu <nye@...>

Add code to print the offending string that is failing and run it again. Alternatively, make sure all of the dict keys in your yaml obey the key character content restrictions.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019, 9:39 PM Nye Liu <nye@...> wrote:
Honestly using a debugger for this makes little sense.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019, 7:56 PM Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...> wrote:
I wanted to avoid that as I don't feel comfortable posting yaml that we are using in production. That's another reason why OP was around a step by step guide on how to debug Go code. I am looking at https://github.com/go-delve/delve/blob/master/Documentation/cli/getting_started.md. I'll try that. Last time I used dlv I ran into some issues with it.
Getting Started. Delve aims to be a very simple and powerful tool, but can be confusing if you're not used to using a source level debugger in a compiled language.

From: Nye Liu <nye@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:48 PM
To: Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...>; David Enyeart <enyeart@...>
Cc: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] How to get inside docker container and debug code with breakpoints?

Can you post your configtx yaml?

I can take a peek as well.

On 10/24/2019 7:45 PM, Siddharth Jain wrote:
Thanks Dave for opening the bug. Now that's what a helpful response is.

From: "Nye Liu" <nye@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 10/24/2019 08:46 PM
Sent by: fabric@...

I might also add that in this case, the error message and backtrace are actually extremely informative

"Illegal characters in key: [Group]"

I'm guessing it doesn't like the brackets in "[Group]"

"/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/orderer/common/server/main.go:98"

Tells you exactly where the "Failed validating bootstrap block" problem is.

A debugger would absolutely not tell you much more.