Re: How to get inside docker container and debug code with breakpoints?

Nye Liu <nye@...>

Honestly using a debugger for this makes little sense.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019, 7:56 PM Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...> wrote:
I wanted to avoid that as I don't feel comfortable posting yaml that we are using in production. That's another reason why OP was around a step by step guide on how to debug Go code. I am looking at https://github.com/go-delve/delve/blob/master/Documentation/cli/getting_started.md. I'll try that. Last time I used dlv I ran into some issues with it.
Getting Started. Delve aims to be a very simple and powerful tool, but can be confusing if you're not used to using a source level debugger in a compiled language.

From: Nye Liu <nye@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:48 PM
To: Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...>; David Enyeart <enyeart@...>
Cc: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] How to get inside docker container and debug code with breakpoints?

Can you post your configtx yaml?

I can take a peek as well.

On 10/24/2019 7:45 PM, Siddharth Jain wrote:
Thanks Dave for opening the bug. Now that's what a helpful response is.

From: "Nye Liu" <nye@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 10/24/2019 08:46 PM
Sent by: fabric@...

I might also add that in this case, the error message and backtrace are actually extremely informative

"Illegal characters in key: [Group]"

I'm guessing it doesn't like the brackets in "[Group]"

"/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/orderer/common/server/main.go:98"

Tells you exactly where the "Failed validating bootstrap block" problem is.

A debugger would absolutely not tell you much more.