Re: Major security hole in Hyperledger Fabric - Private Data is not private #fabric-chaincode #ssl #fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-dstorage

David Enyeart

Your second point is not specific to private data. Agreement on input data needs to be part of the application design, regardless of whether it is a private data scenario or not. For example the smart contract may require that each of the transactors submit their approval of a proposed data change on chain, before a final transaction verifies the approvals are in place and makes the change on chain.

Dave Enyeart

"Ivan Ch" ---10/23/2019 12:10:40 PM---Hi Alexandre, Yacov Thanks for your reply and I appreciate the discussion. my hands are tight now so

From: "Ivan Ch" <acizlan@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 10/23/2019 12:10 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Major security hole in Hyperledger Fabric - Private Data is not private #fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-dstorage #database #dstorage #dstorage-fabric #fabric-chaincode #ssl
Sent by: fabric@...

Hi Alexandre, Yacov

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate the discussion. my hands are tight now so I will give my full response later today:

Yes, my point is private data design maybe flawed in two ways: one is fixable by adding salt and then use point2point connection to send pre-image data to intended recipient .

However, the second issue is more fundamental and may be difficult to solve. In short, private data design would only work if all participants are honest parties. maybe I should use something that's not always fixed like national ID such as "trade ID" in my earlier example. (I am still trying to avoid real life examples here as it may give bad guys a chance to look).

cheers

Ivan