Re: FabToken

Christopher Ferris

Spellcheck* Yuval (sigh)

Chris

On Sep 15, 2019, at 10:18 AM, Christopher Ferris via Lists.Hyperledger.Org <chris.ferris=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Tubal, you could also try the Fabric EVM chaincode to implement ERC20 or ERC721 tokens, etc. Use the #fabric-evm channel for discussion.

Chris

On Sep 15, 2019, at 7:54 AM, Gari Singh <garis@...> wrote:

Greg -

Not quite sure what you mean by "there is no clear (unobfuscated) answer".
Perhaps the message was not clear ... the net-net is that the way FabToken was implemented revealed some underlying issues which need to be addressed (primarily around post-order execution where the endorsed transaction model is not used). And then as we started to look more deeply, we think there is a different way of actually implementing token and other post-order execution use cases so we actually removed the code.

Yuval - you don't actually need FabToken to implement tokens for Fabric. You can use implement tokens using chaincode. People have been doing this for quite a while.

-- G

To: Yuval Carmel <yuval.carmel@...>, "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
From: "greg m"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 09/15/2019 06:54AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] FabToken

Hi Yuval,

I think this is a big mystery and a question to which there is no clear (unobfuscated) answer.

Thx, gm