Re: Hybrid discovery service #network #hyperledger-fabric

Yacov

I am not sure anyone tested mixed database types, have you tested it? Does it work?

I'm not sure what happens to a LevelDB backed peer when it receives directions to build indices which only exist in CouchDB.

Regarding discovery, there is no roadmap for this, no.

Having said that, discovery fetches information from the gossip membership module, and it is fairly straightforward to add any type of information about the peer to the information being replicated and returned to the user.

In the code, there is a message called Properties which is simply replicated and is set by the peer:

message Properties {
       uint64 ledger_height = 1;
       bool left_channel = 2;
       repeated Chaincode chaincodes = 3;
}

So if you want, you can extend it yourself and then set its value in a similar manner to how it's done for chaincodes [1], and then you get this information from the discovery query automatically.

Hyperledger Fabric is an enterprise-grade permissioned distributed ledger framework for developing solutions and applications. Its modular and versatile design satisfies a broad range of industry u...
github.com