Re: Deploying Java chaincode #docker #fabric-peer

Matthew White

Hello;

The 2.3 release was an interim/development release. 2.2 being the LTS. There wasn't a docker image for farbic-javaenv:2.3 released.  The quick way around this is to pul down the fabric-javaenv:2.2 and retag it as 2.3

Hope that helps.

From: bo.jacobs@...
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Deploying Java chaincode #fabric-peer #docker
Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2021 10:04 AM

Hello. I am running the fabric test-network on a MacBook with M1 chip. I modified the script that downloads images & binaries in a waythat it gets the amd64 images. The images run fine. However, when I try to deploy a Java chaincode, I run ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
Hello.

I am running the fabric test-network on a MacBook with M1 chip. I modified the script that downloads images & binaries in a waythat it gets the amd64 images.
The images run fine. However, when I try to deploy a Java chaincode, I run into following issue:

+ peer lifecycle chaincode install mychaincode.tar.gz+ res=1Error: chaincode install failed with status: 500 - failed to invoke backing implementation of 'InstallChaincode': could not build chaincode: docker build failed: docker image build failed: docker build failed: Failed to pull hyperledger/fabric-javaenv:2.3: no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entriesChaincode installation on peer0.org1 has failedDeploying chaincode failed

It seems that somewhere a check on system architecture is made, and that docker is trying to pull hyperledger/fabric-javaenv for arm64 which doesn't exist.
I am looking for a way to force a pull of the amd64 image, because I assume that one will work as well. I can't seem to find where/why docker is trying to pull the arm64 image.

Is there a way to do this?

Have a great day.