Re: Proof of data using HLF

Nikos Karamolegkos

David this was exactly what I was thinking. However, I am worried about the asset idea in HLF, I mean the logical ID can be always a different (new) value is this consistent with HLF? As I have seen the ledger was some assets as keys whose values can be updated or add a new asset. Is it feasible each time to add new key (i.e the logical ID) and never update it's value?

On 28/7/21 11:09 μ.μ., David Enyeart wrote:

A Fabric chaincode stores any key/value pair to the ledger. It is quite common for the 'value' to be a hash of some data stored elsewhere to serve as proof of the data. The 'key' could be some logical ID in the external system, or perhaps the hash of a logical ID, if you don't want to socialize the logical ID itself.

Dave Enyeart

"Nikos Karamolegkos" ---07/28/2021 07:38:48 AM---I would like to extend my current application to use hyperledger fabric  for proof of data. Specific

From: "Nikos Karamolegkos" <nkaram@...>
To: "fabric" <fabric@...>
Date: 07/28/2021 07:38 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Proof of data using HLF
Sent by: fabric@...

I would like to extend my current application to use hyperledger fabric
for proof of data. Specifically, until now I am storing the data into a
database. I would like to keep this part and at the same time to add a
BC network to verify the integrity of the data. I am thinking to use the
hash of the data as value of an "asset" of BC ledger but I don't know
what to declare as an asset. For example, I have seen some
implementations based on IPFS which use BC to store the file hash. Can
fabric support something like this?

Thank you

--
Nikos Karamolegkos