As the Interim Chair, I welcome everyone to our Education Architecture Special Interest Group! This SIG was conceived by a group of thought leaders from US Department of Education, higher education institutions and leading industries. Our goal is to:
- Explore and showcase key educational use cases of blockchain
- Foster collaborations between academic institutions, policymakers, vendors, and other education stakeholders
- Create open-source, shareable assets to reduce barriers to entry and adoption for education stakeholders
- Develop and promote the adoption of important interoperability standards in open APIs and protocols for education use cases, including from open standards bodies such as: IMS Global Learning Consortium, IEEE, W3C, PESC, etc.
- Curate or develop professional development or technical assistance resources to support educational practitioners on approaches to applying blockchain technology across various educational use cases.