Topics

EASIG Meeting Schedule

kate.giovacchini@...

Hello EASIG folks,

With the set of altered circumstances appearing with COVID, I am personally finding it difficult to make the EASIG meetings at their current time. Is anyone else facing this challenge?

I wonder if we might create another Doodle poll to check availability and determine if there's a better time to meet? It's my understanding that our current time also runs over some T3 and other activities that participants here may need to attend.

Thanks,
-Kate Giovacchini

Hou, Feng

Hi Kate,

I agree with you that given the current circumstances, we may need to change the meeting schedule and make it less frequent as most of us, if not all of us are leading the changes through the current COVID-19. I’ll discuss this with Phil Long and run a quick survey to find what the group’s will is.

Thanks and stay well!

Feng

CAUTION:This email originated outside of Maryville University. Review links and attachments carefully before opening.

Hello EASIG folks,

With the set of altered circumstances appearing with COVID, I am personally finding it difficult to make the EASIG meetings at their current time. Is anyone else facing this challenge?

I wonder if we might create another Doodle poll to check availability and determine if there's a better time to meet? It's my understanding that our current time also runs over some T3 and other activities that participants here may need to attend.

Thanks,
-Kate Giovacchini

Taylor Kendal

Yes, that’s a good call Kate.

As much as I enjoyed the 1-on-1 time with Feng last week, I think we need to explore other options to ensure the SIG is still viable and valuable to the broadest possible community.

+1ing the motion :)
-Taylor

[...]

David Boswell

Yes, we can certainly change things based on the needs and preferences of group members.  Glad to hear that Feng will be sending a survey around so we can learn more.

And from the discussions it sounds like there are no plans to meet tomorrow.  Just wanted to confirm though before removing that from the calendar.

Thanks,
David

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 2:43 PM Taylor Kendal <wkendal@...> wrote:
[...]

Phillip Long

Kate - I have the same problem. The meeting date of the EASIG has been usurped by another regular weekly meeting I have to attend.  I’d appreciate it if we searched for alternate meeting time, as well.

Cheers,
 Phil

Phillip D. Long, P.D.,
Special Advisor & Faculty Affiliate
Arizona State University
---
Center for New Designs in Learning & Scholarship, (CNDLS)
Senior Fellow Georgetown University
e: pl673@...
Tw/Telegram: @RadHertz
---