From: cactus@... <cactus@...> on behalf of Rafael André Pestana Belchior <rafael.belchior@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 9:18 AM
To: cactus@... <cactus@...>
Subject: [External] [Hyperledger Cactus] Hyperledger Cactus Academic Paper

Hello everyone.
I believe it would be extremely beneficial to Hyperledger Cactus to have
a scientific paper detailing Cactus' mission, design, and
implementation, written by maintainers and contributors. As a reference,
check Fabric's paper: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dl.acm.org_doi_10.1145_3190508.3190538&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=7LpfyaMR44exzQCWvxiAAfpAoMMDWWRNgSJjU7B7o4c&m=YOJtaiim2yX5Jagzpl4OR9cM5YJiYrXqatBQ8oGkq6U&s=Hzam0QReLWfNjHh3IKETrDEi-Wzw0lAPFD-N-ofQcA0&e=
(over 13k reads, hundreds of citations).

In fact, after the scientific paper on Fabric was published, the usage
of that blockchain by academics and the industry skyrocketed. Moreover,
the timing is good: academic and industry research on interoperability
problems is emerging at a very fast pace. This is a good opportunity to
catch the next wave.

As confirmed by some maintainers, the academic paper is compatible with
Cactus' mission. People interested in contributing please ping me so I
can give you write access to the paper, written in the collaborative
platform Overleaf.

Possible conferences to submit:
DSN ( https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dsn.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=7LpfyaMR44exzQCWvxiAAfpAoMMDWWRNgSJjU7B7o4c&m=YOJtaiim2yX5Jagzpl4OR9cM5YJiYrXqatBQ8oGkq6U&s=7EeMBDWZFHLhKzLJbabY7kCIb5eMu4f2wt61yJoe1Xk&e=   - dec)
ATC ( https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.usenix.org_conference_atc21&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=7LpfyaMR44exzQCWvxiAAfpAoMMDWWRNgSJjU7B7o4c&m=YOJtaiim2yX5Jagzpl4OR9cM5YJiYrXqatBQ8oGkq6U&s=XSTP6nyRIYO3yx8aU0O0E7g6ZDsKE2mQFQMJpy--DTA&e=  - january)

Rafael Belchior
Ph.D. student in Computer Science and Engineering, Blockchain - Técnico
Lisboa
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__rafaelapb.github.io_&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=7LpfyaMR44exzQCWvxiAAfpAoMMDWWRNgSJjU7B7o4c&m=YOJtaiim2yX5Jagzpl4OR9cM5YJiYrXqatBQ8oGkq6U&s=sQxg5qLIpMqqFKmrlXjMMt_P4ff4s418qqy1mIsPT14&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_in_rafaelpbelchior_&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=7LpfyaMR44exzQCWvxiAAfpAoMMDWWRNgSJjU7B7o4c&m=YOJtaiim2yX5Jagzpl4OR9cM5YJiYrXqatBQ8oGkq6U&s=xjU-G-JACKBIUJf15CfIVqGhlMTgdzGHQZLVPPH_nmw&e=

www.accenture.com