Minutes from Monday, April 17th

clive boulton <clive.boulton@...>

The minutes from Monday's Requirements Working Group bi-weekly are here:

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/groups/requirements/requirements-wg/minutes#april_17th

Please provide feedback to the ReqWG on features missing to help expedite your adoption. Take our survey. http://bit.ly/2pKKaKR

Thank you.

-Clive

Deventer, M.O. (Oskar) van <oskar.vandeventer@...>

Dear Clive, all,

Sorry for missing the conf call yesterday. Second Easter Day is a Dutch national holiday, and my family required me to be elsewhere.

Thanks for the minutes. As for

  • cross-chain interop.

I am interested in this subject. Do you have any documentation about what was discussed?

The picture below sketches a framework for blockchain interfaces, in line with the functional role model that I presented two weeks ago (see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CIMzpsCYNyFuJ_IgJhrsIY-ZxEk23w-pf8sQ2d79ASc/edit). The message is that there can be interoperability at two levels: 1) the blockchain network level and 2) the application level. Which level have you been discussing? Examples, use cases?

Thank you.

Oskar

Dr. ir. M.O. (Oskar) van Deventer
Senior Scientist Media Networking
Networks

T +31 (0)88 866 70 78
M +31 (0)65 191 49 18
oskar.vandeventer@...

Location

The minutes from Monday's Requirements Working Group bi-weekly are here:

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/groups/requirements/requirements-wg/minutes#april_17th

Please provide feedback to the ReqWG on features missing to help expedite your adoption. Take our survey. http://bit.ly/2pKKaKR

Thank you.

-Clive

clive boulton <clive.boulton@...>

Hi Oscar,

We discussed Sovrin will add unique identity for people and devices, thus driving cross-chain interop. We did not discuss specifics as currently a lot of Jira ground work is underway to open source Sovrin. I believe more will be shared at the upcoming Hyperledger hackfest in Washington DC. Event details added to minutes.https://wiki.hyperledger.org/groups/requirements/requirements-wg/minutes#april_17th

A coda.

One person you might wish to follow for standards is Mark S Miller of Google Research (@erights on github), he is helping drive Distributed Resilient Secure ECMAScript (Dr. SES). The Fabric composer team is paying attention to the standards. https://twitter.com/mrsimonstone/status/854301158680264704

Mark Miller spoke at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel in Brussels, Belgium on smart contracts and Dr. SES.

-Clive.